Cold Storage Winter Camp
The Coolest Camp at the Coldest Time!
The 10th annual Cold Storage Winter Camp will take place December 26th – 30th. Campers grades K – 8 will enjoy engaging, hands-on STEM activities in half-day sessions (or choose to stay for the whole day) that are the perfect cure for the cabin fever that sets in during Winter Break!
- Individual camp session (AM or PM): $30 per child
- Full day camp session (AM and PM on the same day): $55 per child – pack a lunch and stay all day!
- *BEST VALUE* All 8 sessions of Cold Storage Winter Camp: $200 per child
Lancaster Science Factory members receive 10% total registration costs with their special promo code!
Wednesday, December 26th
9am – Noon | A Very Grinchy Science Class
- Feeling like the Grinch the day after Christmas? We’ve got you covered. Explore gross toadstools and fungus. Try and find the Grinch’s heart using freezing-point depression and then make it grow three sizes with a homemade snow globe.
1pm – 4pm | Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree
- From carols to The Nutcracker, the holiday season is full of music and dance! Discover the sound energy in famous songs. Find out just how much physics there is in dancing while learning some choreography. We’ll end with a rockin’ recital for your family!
Thursday, December 27th
9am – Noon | A Frozen Wonderland
- Winter is one of four seasons here in Pennsylvania, but some places on earth experience cold temperatures almost all year round. In this Biome based camp, you’ll learn about Cold Deserts and the Tundra. Experiment with thermal insulators and take home your very own Biome-in-a-Box.
1pm – 4pm | Cookies and Milk in the Chemist’s Kitchen
- Thermodynamics may sound complicated, but it’s really just cooking! In this tasty camp, you’ll bake up some amazing science and then eat your experiment. What goes better with cookies than milk? Campers will learn some cool biochemistry and Santa’s favorite midnight drink. *alternative foods will be available for children with non-contact allergies, please disclose allergies in online registration. This camp is not recommended for children with contact allergies to dairy, or bananas.
Friday, December 28th
9am – Noon | Junk Drawer Engineering
- Join the Lancaster Science Factory’s team of engineering elves as they explore pneumatic construction and the perpetual motion marble machine. The sky is the limit when you try your hand at these innovative creations!
1pm – 4pm | Backwards Engineering
- Oh no! Some of the Science Factory’s engineering elves are all mixed up! Instead of making new toys they’re taking them apart. Come and join them so you can learn all about how your favorite toys work- from the inside out.
Saturday, December 29th
9am – Noon | Candy Cane Cosplay
- Have you ever imagined dressing up like a snowflake or a holly jolly candy cane? Maybe you’ve thought about matching your Elf on the Shelf? Come and learn about the mathematics, engineering, and problem solving properties involved in sewing and costume making during this STEAM Maker camp! Wear your work home and impress your family and friends.
Sunday, December 30th
9am – Noon | The Yule Ball
- Top hats and gowns are optional during this Harry Potter themed camp. Enter and be sorted into your appropriate House then work with your classmates to build Hogwarts. Gaze at the wonders in the Winter sky, and then finish off with some homemade Butterbeer.