Cold Storage Winter Camp
The Coolest Camp at the Coldest Time!
Our 2019 Cold Storage Winter Camp Series will take place December 27th – 31st. Campers grades K – 8 will enjoy engaging, hands-on STEM activities in half-day sessions that are the perfect cure for the cabin fever that sets in during Winter Break!
- Individual camp session (AM or PM): $35 per camper
- Full day camp session (AM and PM on the same day): $60 per camper – pack a lunch and stay all day!
- *BEST VALUE* All 9 sessions of Cold Storage Winter Camp: $275 per camper
Lancaster Science Factory members receive 10% off total registration costs with their special promo code! Camp packages are limited by registration totals in each camp session and are available only while supplies last.
Friday, December 27th
9am – Noon | Chemistry in the Kitchen
- Explore the science of being a chef in this fun (and sometimes messy) camp! Produce chemical reactions, find out why oil and water don’t mix, and even practice measurement math. Top it off by making your own English muffin pizza. Now you’re cooking! *Please note that campers will come in contact with food during this camp*
1pm – 4pm | Toyland Take-Apart
- Did you recently get some new toys? Bring one of your old ones to Maker Space to find out what makes it tick – and then use the pieces and parts to make something new and exciting! *Campers unable to bring a toy that moves or makes noise will have one provided for them.*
Saturday, December 28th
9am – Noon | The Science of Cold
- The temperature is dropping so lets explore some stone-cold science! Learn how to manipulate the freezing point of liquids, produce a snow storm, find the math hidden in snowflakes and MORE! This camp will be anything but chill!
1pm – 4pm | Frosty the Snowman
- As the story goes, a magic hat brought Frosty the Snowman to life. Here in the in the Maker Space we use some engineering and hydraulic pistons! Make and customize your own waving snowman – no snow required!
Sunday, December 29th
9am – Noon | Gross Out Science
- Get ready for some slimy, sticky, and sometimes smelly fun in this all-out gross-out camp! Explore the Biology of fungus and mold. Produce a smelly eruption of “Elephant Toothpaste” and fake our your friends with “snot” slime!
1pm – 4pm | Twinkling Lights
- Holiday lights are magical! Build different types of circuits from simple to complex using upcycled holiday lights. Explore fun ways to make circuits with boards, paper, and even “squishy” circuits with conductive dough!
Monday, December 30th
9am – Noon | Craft and Math
- Making something from scratch requires creativity AND some pre-planning with math! Make your own Wintertime Wristband using estimation, measurement, and a new skill – crocheting! Customize your finished project and be proud of what you have the power to do!
1pm – 4pm | Cookies and Milk
- Your favorite treat is delicious AND full of science! Perform Chemistry experiments to learn what makes up milk. Bake up some tasty fun as you explore what happens when you add a little heat. Enjoy a sweet treat as a reward for a job well done! *Campers will come into contact with food items during this camp.*
Tuesday, December 31st
9am – Noon | Toyland Take-Apart 2
- One of our favorite Winter Camps reprised! Did you recently get some new toys? Bring one of your old ones to the Maker Space to find out what makes it tick – and then use the pieces and parts to make something new and exciting! *Campers unable to bring a toy that moves or makes noise will have one provided for them.*