Volunteer With Us
Our Volunteers Make the Difference
Volunteers must be age 16+ and may need to complete background clearances as applicable by law. Orientation and training will be provided. An ideal volunteer should have the ability to volunteer at least 2 shifts per month, be friendly, have a positive attitude, and an interest in helping children develop skills in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering & Math.
- Exhibit Floor Volunteer: Assist guests in exploring over 75 interactive exhibits. Ensures that safety guidelines are being followed. Light cleaning and resetting of exhibits as necessary. Volunteers are needed during regular operating hours.
- Science Café Volunteer: Conduct hands-on science experiments at our walk-up demonstration counter. Materials and instructions are provided or work with our education staff to present your own experiments! Volunteers are needed during regular operating hours.
- Cub Scout Programming Volunteer: Attend our Cub Scout 2nd Saturday events from 2-6pm and help Webelos Scouts (5th and 6th grade) learn about engineering. No engineering experience required!
- Education Volunteer: Help our education coordinator prepare and implement educational programming at the Science Factory. We offer Homeschool Classes, Winter & Summer Camps plus other special educational events!
- Girls Code Club Volunteer- Help at our monthly meetups – No Coding Experience Required!
- Maker Space Volunteer- Do you love to tinker, make and create? We’re looking for volunteers like you to help our in our new Maker Space!
All of our volunteers have fun sharing skills, learning new ones, meeting new people and much more, including:
Free admission to the Lancaster Science Factory
Free membership upon completion of 100 volunteer hours (which includes admission to all other ASTC science centers as part of the Passport Program)
Volunteer hour verification letters and letters of recommendation available.