Summer STEM Camps
What Are You Doing This Summer?
The Lancaster Science Factory has been offering Summer STEM Camps for more a decade. Each summer, we’re proud to host hundreds of campers in grades Pre-K through 8th grade as they explore topics like messy chemistry, environmental engineering, coding and robotics, and much, much more!
- SCIENCE THAT STICKS FOR CAMPERS 4-6: Our ever-popular PASTE (Pre-Kindergarteners Active in Science and Technology Exploration) series returns for 2 week-long camps this summer! Your littlest scientist can join us for a fun, hands-on, and sometimes messy camp meant to engage their curiosity.
- SUMMER STEM CAMPS: Kids who have completed Kindergarten – 8th grade will have a blast at any of our 18 engaging and unique STEM camps. Become a Mathemagician, paint a STEM-themed mural, build a bridge, get messy with FrankenSLIME, and so much MORE! Campers who are registered for both morning and afternoon camps can pack a lunch and stay all day!
- MAKER CAMPS: We’re offering 10 unique camps in our Maker Space! Campers will have immersive experiences in topics like robotics, woodworking, 3D printing, environmental engineering, and more! Maker camps are held from 9am – 12pm and campers who are registered for an afternoon STEM camp may pack a lunch and stay all day!
2020 Summer Camp Matrix with Instructors.xlsx
|June 15th - 19th||AM||Classroom||K - 2nd||Katelyn Williams||Wonders of the Wild|
|AM||Maker Space||3rd - 8th||Chris Blackmon||Video Game Design|
|PM||Classroom||K - 8th||Angel Kilan||FrakenSLIME|
|June 22nd - 26th||AM||Classroom||3rd - 8th||Katie Trainer||STEM Mural Painting|
|AM||Maker Space||K - 8th||Chris Blackmon||Junk Drawer Inventor|
|PM||Classroom||K - 8th||Jenna Connor||Potions Lab|
|June 29th - July 3rd||AM||Classroom||K - 2nd||Jill Roach||Whatever the Weather|
|AM||Maker Space||3rd - 8th||Angel Kilyan||Costume/Sewing|
|PM||Classroom||K - 8th||Jenna Connor||Encountering Wild Science|
|July 6th - 10th||AM||Classroom||3rd - 8th||High Steel||Bridge Mania|
|AM||Maker Space||K - 2nd||Drew Arena||Junior Coders|
|PM||Classroom||K - 8th||Kristen Sweet||Creative Creatures|
|July 13th - 17th||AM||Classroom||3rd - 8th||Doc Yoder||Mathemagician|
|AM||Maker Space||K - 8th||Chris Blackmon||Flying Machines|
|PM||Either||3rd - 8th||Phil Wesel||Electric Chemisry|
|July 20th - 24th||AM||Classroom||Pre-K (ages 4-6)||Lauren McNeely||Bubble Bonanza|
|AM||Maker Space||K - 2nd||Chris Blackmon||Junk Drawer Junior|
|PM||Classroom||K - 2nd||Katelyn Williams||Making Mixtures|
|July 27th -31st||AM||Classroom||K - 2nd||Madison Orendorf||TBD|
|AM||Maker Space||3rd - 8th||Chris Blackmon||3D Printing|
|PM||Classroom||K - 8th||Kristen Sweet||Hydroponics for Kids|
|August 3rd - 7th||AM||Classroom||3rd - 8th||Angel Kilyan||Harry Potter Magic/Chem|
|AM||Maker Space||3rd - 8th||Chris Blackmon||Woodworking|
|PM||Classroom||K - 8th||Drew Arena||Engineering Challenges|
|August 10th - 14th||AM||Classroom||Pre-K (ages 4-6)||Kristen Sweet||Pre-K STEM Explorers|
|AM||Maker Space||3 - 8th||Chris Blackmon||Coding and Robotics|
|PM||Classroom||K - 8th||Angel Kilyan||Making a Brain Connection|
|August 17th - 21st||AM||Classroom||K - 8th|
|AM||Maker Space||3rd - 8th||Chris Blackmon||Environmental Engineering|
|PM||Classroom||K - 8th||Angel Kilyan||Revenge of FrankenSLIME|
Camp Guidelines and Information
- Please review camp descriptions and grade level requirements carefully.
- Please disclose any physical limitations, allergies, learning or behavioral issues on your registration form. This is helpful to our educational staff to ensure that your child has a successful and safe week of camp!
- Camp registration includes 3 hours of camp instruction and activities daily (2 hours for Pre-K), supervised breaks on the Lancaster Science Factory exhibit floor, and a summer camp t-shirt.
- Registration for each camp is limited and will be closed when maximum registration is reached, or one week prior to day one of camp, whichever comes first.
- Campers may be dropped off no earlier than 15 minutes before the start of camp. They must be picked up no later than 15 after the end of camp.
- Photo ID is REQUIRED to pick up a camper. The person MUST appear on the approved pick up list provided by the parent or guardian at registration.
- A limited number of scholarships are available for families in need. Please click here to download the Camp Scholarship Application.
- Cancellations received less than one week prior to day one of camp will be subject to refund of 1/2 of the total registration cost for that camp. Cancellations received prior to that shall receive a full refund.
Summer Camps at the Lancaster Science Factory are sponsored by:
2020 STEM Camp Scholarships are sponsored by:
Rotary Summer Youth Experience