Summer STEM Camps
What Are You Doing This Summer?
We know that the next few months are uncertain for you and your family and your summer plans may have needed to change. But, The Lancaster Science Factory is preparing and planning for a safe and fun summer camp season.
Just as you’ve trusted us to provide educational STEM camps for the past decade, you can trust us this year to also provide:
- Safe curbside check-in – You’ll be met in our loading zone by a clearly identified LSF staff member or volunteer. No need to get out of the car or come inside. Your child will be escorted safely into the building.
- Temperature checks – Our staff will screen all campers with a no-touch thermometer before they enter the facility. No one with a temperature of 100.4 or over will be permitted to enter.
- Reduced camp sizes to accommodate physical distancing requirements – Social distancing really means PHYSICAL distancing. We will provide a place for your child to have social interaction in a safe way. All campers will have their own space and materials which will be sanitized after each use.
- Rigorous cleaning and disinfecting procedures – We are going above and beyond our normal cleaning routines both in the classroom and in the exhibit hall. The Lancaster Science Factory uses commercial cleaning products provided by Cintas.
- Hand washing breaks and extra hand sanitizer – We’re fully stocked with sanitizer and all campers will be given the opportunity to wash their hands as needed.
- Compliance with all mask wearing requirements – all staff, volunteers, and visitors will be required to wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth.
- Clean and ample personal space for full-day campers having lunch – Full day options are still available! Campers staying for lunch will have space for physical distancing while eating.
Click here to read the full LSF Summer Camp Health Safety Plan
We will closely follow all government and CDC guidelines, and the safety of campers is our utmost concern. If camps are cancelled all fees are fully refundable.
2020 Camp Scheduled - Revised 5/26/20
|Week||Time||Grade Levels||Camp Name|
|June 8th - 12th||9am - 4pm||K - 8th||LSF STEM CAMP|
|June 15th - 19th||9am - 4pm||K - 8th||LSF STEM CAMP|
|June 22nd - 26th||9am - 4pm||K - 8th||LSF STEM CAMP|
|June 29th - July 3rd||9am - 4pm||K - 8th||LSF STEM CAMP|
|July 6th - 10th||9am - 12pm||K - 2nd||Junior Coders|
|July 6th - 10th||1pm - 4pm||K - 8th||FrankenSLIME Rising!|
|July 13th - 17th||9am - 12pm||K - 8th||Flying Machines|
|July 13th - 17th||1pm - 4pm||3rd - 8th||Harry Potter Super Fans|
|July 20th - 24th||9am - 12pm||K - 8th||Junk Drawer Inventor|
|July 20th - 24th||1pm - 4pm||K - 2nd||Good Clean Fun|
|July 27th - 31st||9am - 12pm||3rd - 8th||3D Printing|
|July 27th - 31st||1pm - 4pm||K - 8th||Costumes, Sewing, and Fabric Craft|
|August 3rd - 7th||9am - 12pm||3rd - 8th||Woodworking|
|August 3rd - 7th||1pm - 4pm||K - 8th||Creative Creatures|
|August 10th - 14th||9am - 12pm||3rd - 8th||Video Game Design|
|August 10th 14th||1pm - 4pm||K - 8th||Making A Brain Connection|
|August 17th - 21st||9am - 12pm||3rd - 8th||Environmental Engineering|
|August 17th - 21st||1pm - 4pm||K - 8th||Revenge of FrankenSLIME!|
Camp Guidelines and Information
- Please review camp descriptions and grade level requirements carefully.
- Please disclose any physical limitations, allergies, learning or behavioral issues on your registration form. This is helpful to our educational staff to ensure that your child has a successful and safe week of camp!
- Camp registration includes 3 hours of camp instruction and activities daily and supervised breaks on the Lancaster Science Factory exhibit floor.
- Registration for each camp is limited and will be closed when maximum registration is reached, or one week prior to day one of camp, whichever comes first.
- Campers may be dropped off no earlier than 15 minutes before the start of camp. They must be picked up no later than 15 after the end of camp.
- Photo ID is REQUIRED to pick up a camper. The person MUST appear on the approved pick up list provided by the parent or guardian at registration.
- A limited number of scholarships are available for families in need. Please click here to download the Camp Scholarship Application.
- Cancellations (by registrant) received less than one week prior to day one of camp will be subject to refund of 1/2 of the total registration cost for that camp. Cancellations received prior to that shall receive a full refund.
- Camps cancelled by the Lancaster Science Factory for ANY reason will by refunded fully.
Summer Camps at the Lancaster Science Factory are sponsored by:
Scholarships provided by the Stabler Foundation and Sheetz