STEM Program Specialist Job Description
Lancaster Science Factory
21st Century Cohort 7 (2017-18)
The Lancaster Science Factory and the School District of Lancaster have partnered to provide quality STEM enrichment programs through the Extended Day Program at Hand MS, Lincoln MS, Martin Elementary, Phoenix Academy, Reynolds MS, and Wheatland MS. The purpose of the Extended Day Program is to provide a safe space after-school where students can extend their learning opportunities.
The Extended Day STEM Program Specialist would need to be available to work Monday-Thursday during afternoon hours. The position is expected to work at all six locations. Mandatory staff meetings or trainings may be scheduled on days program is not in session.
Responsibilities & Expectations
• Design program curriculum based on activities/projects using science, technology, or engineering concept and PA Academic Standards.
• Prepare all materials related to the activities/projects.
• Manage students appropriately according to school culture.
• Assist in maintain student safety in the program.
• Supervise students during field trips and/or special events.
• Report incidents and serious discipline problems to supervisor.
• Work with students from diverse backgrounds and family settings.
• Multitask in a fast pace, high pressure environment.
• Take initiative to creatively solve problems, and to participate and communicate as a member of a team.
• Prepare all necessary reports.
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• Four year college degree preferred.
• Must obtain the following clearances: PA Child Abuse, PA Criminal Background, FBI (Department of Public Welfare), & Act 24.
• Must have reliable form of transportation.
• Must be able to lift and carry as much as 30 pounds.
• Strong computer knowledge required (word, excel, power point).
• 2 or more years working with kids preferred.
• First aid/CPR preferred.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Rachel Cahill at email@example.com