Museum Services Internship
Organization: Lancaster Science Factory
Career Field: Museum Services
The selected student will work with our Manager of Guest and Volunteer Services with day-to-day operations and museum development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the membership department to manage and expand our membership program which will give students experience in database management, member recruitment and retention
- Research prospective retail and exhibit possibilities to gain experience in budgeting and project management
- Assist staff in planning and executing special events, student will have the opportunity to work with local business and nonprofit professionals
- Aid museum public relations through social media and online content management
- Assist with volunteer recruitment, training & management, great for a student interested in store management or human relations
Education & Qualifications
- Junior/Senior level student in Business Administration OR Communications OR other related field of interest
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to collaborate on projects & work independently
- Microsoft Office Proficient
- Energetic personality & great customer service skills
- Minimum of 5 hours per week, maximum of 15 hours per week
- Ability to work Monday-Friday between the hours of 10am-5pm
- Flexibility with some evening and weekend scheduling
Credit Requirement Terms Offered
Academic credit is not required Fall / Spring / Summer
Applications are encouraged year-round.
To apply for an internship, send cover letter and resume to:
Internship Program, Lancaster Science Factory, 454 New Holland Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17602.
Questions, call 717-509-6363 or email email@example.com.