Make It Yourself Workshop
Hey kids in grades 3 through 8, explore creative science in your world. Tinker, experiment and learn to make it yourself!!
Join us for a series of workshops where children connect fun, hands-on projects to Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (S.T.E.M.) Local STEM professionals provide “real world” perspective and mentoring.
Program Details and Pricing
- Programs are for kids in grades 3 – 8.
- Workshop cost per participant: FREE with your paid admission or membership.
- Regular Science Factory rates apply: Members are FREE, All Visitors are $9.00.
- Program sessions are Sundays, from 2 – 3:30 pm.
- Reserve online or at the Science Factory in advance, space is limited.
- Events are subject to change without notice.
Sunday May 14th
“Thinking in 2D and Building in 3D”
Description: Learn to view structures like an engineer, architect, or contractor. Start out simple with basic 1D photos of structures to create. Then work yourself to more challenging builds where you only see top down, side and front views.
Instructed by Rachel Cahill – STEM Educator, Lancaster Science Factory