Girls Code Club
Lancaster Science Factory Girls Code Club
The need: Only 18% of Computer Science degrees in the United States are awarded to women. Women’s involvement in computer science has plummeted. In the past 20 years it has dropped by 40%.
CoderDojo, Ladies, Technically Speaking, and the Lancaster Science Factory present Girls Code Club to address this urgent issue and inspire the next generation of female computer scientists.
- Who: Girls aged 8-13
- What: A monthly, facilitated meetup for girls to learn computer science concepts and coding applications. Girls will learn to design their own website, video game, or computer program based on their individual interests.
- Where: The Lancaster Science Factory’s Castagna Learning Center at 454 New Holland Avenue in Lancaster, PA
- Dates and Times: The third Saturday of every month from 9:30am-11am. 2016-2017 dates are: September 17, October 15, November 19, December 17, January 21, February 18, March 18, April 15 and May 20. Summer camp is August 14 – 18, 2017.
- Cost: $90 per girl covers all 9 sessions and one full week of summer camp
- For more information contact Rob Reed at email@example.com
In order to qualify for the Girls Code Club Summer Science Camp, girls must attend a minimum of 7 out of the 9 meet up events.