The Lancaster Science Factory is the perfect place to host a unique event for your clients, employees or customers.
- Imagine 12,000 square feet of hands on learning with over 60 interactive exhibits all relating to Science Technology Engineering and Math. Our exhibit floor can entertain up to 300 guests. You may bring food and drink or arrange off-site catering. We can provide a list of approved caterers.
- Additional classroom/meeting space can accommodate up to 30 guests and includes A/V (see below).
- Cost is $200 per hour with a 2 hour minimum. Non-profits may inquire about discount pricing.
- Private events must be scheduled outside of regular business hours. Please schedule at least three weeks in advance of your event; booking dependant upon availability.
- For events that include children, we require adult chaperones: one for every four children ages 8 and under, or one adult for every six children 9 and over. Adults must supervise children at all times.
Rent the classroom/meeting space
- Room includes interacive whiteboard, Wi-Fi, and tables and chairs to accommodate up to 30 people.
- Cost is $75 per hour. After hours, cost is $150 per hour.
- Guests visiting during regular business hours who wish to visit the exhibit hall will receive the discounted group rate.
- For more information or to reserve, please contact Audrey Lilley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-509-6363 x104.
Facility Rental FAQ
1. Can we host a private event at the Factory and what does it include?
You can rent the entire 11,000 square foot exhibit floor for up to 300 guests, or you can rent our classroom/meeting space for up to 30 people or both!
2. How much does it cost to rent the whole facility?
Our rates are $200 per hour with a 2 hour minimum.
3. Can we rent just the meeting room space for a business function?
Absolutely! We have classroom space that can accommodate up to 30 guests. Our interactive whiteboard is great for presentations. You can save your files to a thumb drive and use our laptop, or bring your own and plug right in. Cost: $75/hour.
4. What times can the Factory be rented?
The Factory floor is open 10 am – 5 pm to the public, so the days that we are open aren’t available, however we host evening events all the time. They usually start anywhere between 5 and 6 and can go to 11. Certain Mondays may be available to rent when we are normally closed and our classroom facility is open for daytime meetings depending on availability.
5. How long can we rent the facility for?
Our minimum rental is 2 hours, but you can rent the facility for much more than that (within reason!) Typical rental last from 2 – 4 hours.
6. Can we bring alcohol to our event?
Yes, as long as it is NOT for sale. If you wish to have a cash bar the organization serving must have a PA liquor license.
7. Do you provide food?
The Science Factory does not provide food for the rentals, however we do have a list of caterers that we work with that will be happy to make your event a success. Unfortunately there aren’t any kitchen facilities here at the Factory.
8. Who cleans up?
At the end of the event, we ask that the organization that rents the facility kindly takes care of all clean up. We will provide trash bags and dumpsters are available next to our facility, so clean up is really pretty easy!
9. Everything sounds good – how do I sign up?
To get the process rolling, download the facility rental reservation form.