To innovatively introduce or reinforce mathematical and scientific concepts to students who are 6-13 years old. Students will listen to brief instruction, be engaged in group and individual activities geared towards meaningful application, create various hands-on manipulative pieces that they will be able to take home, and may complete occasional assessments and homework assignments. All classes are based on the Standards Aligned System of the PA Department of Education. In addition, we strive to accommodate students' individual needs and learning styles.
Class dates and times are subject to change. Please call 717.509.6363 X105 to confirm class schedules and with any questions you have about homeschool programming.
Spring Semester: February - May 2013
View full class descriptions HERE.
1 hour classes: $10.00
1 1/2 hour classes: $15.00
2 hour classes: $20.00
Members receive 10% off
Includes free admission to Science Factory exhibits for student during the day of class (others pay general admission rate).
• Advance registration is required. Registration for each class closes three business days prior to the class date.
• Classes are limited to 20 students.
• Age ranges are suggested for each class. If you would like to register a child who is outside of this range, please call (717) 509-6363x105.
• Refund Policy (excluding weekends): If cancelling 10 days prior to class: full refund. If cancelling 4-9 days prior: half refund. If cancelling 0-3 days prior: no refund.
• Parents/Guardians may also join the students in class for a small fee (50% of the student cost), which may be eliminated given extenuating circumstances like special needs. Contact Lauren at (717) 509-6363 X105 if you feel this is your situation.
• Special 1-hour sessions are available upon request for homeschool groups (of 10 or more) visiting the museum on a field trip that does not coincide with the set schedule. There are six topics to choose from: Static Shock, Circuit Craze, Guess the Change, Mystery "Chemicals", Puzzler, and Gravitate (descriptions can be found in this packet). For information on how to sign up, please contact the Education Department at (717) 509-6363x105 or email@example.com.
• Also, look out for NEW PROGRAMS coming up this spring to supplement your classes! These might include weekend and holiday workshops and even a science club just for girls! Check the programs page on our website or call the education office for more information.
• An adult must sign in the student prior to each class and sign out after class (may be required to show ID).
• The one and a half hour class includes a ten-minute break and the two-hour class includes a fifteen-minute break.
• If you purchase 10 classes during the school year, the 10th class is free!
• In the event of inclement weather, a notice will be posted on our website regarding any possible cancellations or delays and make-up days.
• PA academic standards for each class are available upon request.