Girls Code Club
Lancaster Science Factory Girls Code Club
Registration has closed for the 2017-18 Girls Code Club.
The need: Only 18% of Computer Science degrees in the United States are awarded to women. Women’s involvement in computer science has plummeted. In the past 20 years, it has dropped by 40%.
The Lancaster Science Factory presents Girls Code Club to address this urgent issue and inspire the next generation of female computer scientists.
- Who: Girls aged 8-13
- What: A monthly, facilitated meetup for girls to learn computer science concepts and coding applications. Girls will learn to design their own website, video game, or computer program based on their individual interests.
- Where: The Lancaster Science Factory’s Castagna Learning Center at 454 New Holland Avenue in Lancaster, PA
- Dates and Times: TBA for the 2018-2019 school year. Please check back soon!
- Cost: $81 per girl covers all 9 sessions in either Cohort 1, Cohort 2, or Cohort 3.
- For more information contact Rob Reed at email@example.com
Meet the Instructors:
Elyse is a computer science graduate from Millersville University and Director of Software Development at KnowWho, a technology company based in Washington, DC.
Ashley Camacho is a senior at Millersville University with a Major in Computer Science and a Minor in Spanish. She wishes to encourage an atmosphere of “you can do anything you set your mind to” in Girls Code Club.