Girls Code Club
Lancaster Science Factory Girls Code Club
**It’s not too late! Registration for the Girls Code Club will remain open until WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10th**
2018-19 Cohorts meet on the following dates and times:
- Cohort 1 meets on THIRD THURSDAYS from 6 pm – 7:30 pm
(September 20th, October 18th, November 15th, December 20th, January 17th, February 21st, March 21st, April 18th, and May 16th)
- Cohort 2 meets on FIRST SATURDAYS (with some exception) from 9:30 am – 11 am. (October 6th, November 3rd, December 8th, January 5th, February 2nd, March 2nd, April 6th, May 4th, and June 8th)
- Cohort 3 (NEW!) meets on THIRD THURSDAYS from 4 pm – 5:30 pm (September 20th, October 18th, November 15th, December 20th, January 17th, February 21st, March 21st, April 18th, and May 16th)
A limited number of scholarships are available. To apply please download the form and submit in person or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The need: Only 18% of Computer Science degrees in the United States are awarded to women. Women’s involvement in computer science has plummeted. In the past 20 years, it has dropped by 40%.
The Lancaster Science Factory presents Girls Code Club to address this urgent issue and inspire the next generation of female computer scientists.
- Who: Girls aged 8-13
- What: A monthly, facilitated meetup for girls to learn computer science concepts and coding applications. Girls will learn to design their own website, video game, or computer program based on their individual interests.
- Where: The Lancaster Science Factory’s Castagna Learning Center at 454 New Holland Avenue in Lancaster, PA
- Cost: $81 per girl covers all 9 sessions in either Cohort 1, Cohort 2, or Cohort 3.
- For more information contact Rob Reed at email@example.com.
Meet the Instructors:
Elyse is a computer science graduate from Millersville University and Director of Software Development at KnowWho, a technology company based in Washington, DC.